You might be asking: what is the single biggest thing that can help my web site in terms of both usability and search engine visibility. The answer to that may be a bit broad, but it is true: QUALITY. A quality web site will go a long way to making your users happy, and making search engines happy too.
If you want to sell your house, you spruce it up. You paint, clean the floors, clean and organize your rooms and closets, cut the lawn, trim the bushes, and plant some fresh flowers. All of these things work together to make your house look good, and make a good impression upon potential buyers.
The same holds true with your web site. If you want to make a good impression with your site visitors – and with the search engines – you need to make sure your site looks good and functions well.
If you are unsure what this really means, take a closer look at your site right now.
- Do you have overly lengthy pages?
- Or, conversely, pages that have virtually no content on them?
- When you click on linked phrases on your site pages, do they link fine, or do you encounter broken links that go nowhere?
- Do you see distorted or missing images on your site pages?
- Is your site easy to use, with a clear, consistent, easy-to-use navigation structure on all the pages?
- How about your blog and Facebook – is it working optimally for you – or do you even have these?
- How are your meta tags?
- What about your images and image alt text?
These are just a few of the basic questions you want to examine to be sure your web site remains in the good graces of both your site visitors and the search engines.
If we have lost you – or you are feeling overwhelmed with all this -we can help!
We help lots of folks improve their web sites, redesign their sites, and get their online presence where they want it to be. And we can help you too!
Contact us at 866-798-6977 and we can help you understand how you can get more from your online presence. It is possible – and it doesn’t have to be complicated, confusing, or costly. Call us today to learn more.